Thursday, August 4, 2011

Where is God?

I love the innocence of a child and their thoughts about God! Two funny stories.

Two nights ago after Cooper and I said our prayers, he looked at me and our conversation went like this:

Cooper: Where does God live, Mommy?
Me: Remember, Baby, He lives in your heart.
Cooper: (with a very serious face reaches down in his shirt and pulls out a closed fist) There...I caught Him....now He's in my hands!

Today as we were driving Cooper saw a Bosworth Truck. Our conversation went like this:

C: Look a firetruck
M:No, remember that's an air conditioning truck (i didn't know what else to call it)
C: Oh yea, a condition truck....we saw one of those yesterday.
M: That's right we sure did. What else did we do yesterday?
C: We went to a birthday party and I got sick.
M:Yea, that was so sad. Do you feel better?
C: Yes, the doctors came and made me feel better. They listened to my heart and God is in there.
M: That's right! What did God say when they were listening to your heart.
C: He said, "Let there be light."

I guess listening to the toddler bible on cd is really sinking in! I love Cooper so much and I love his new awareness of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment