Monday, August 15, 2011

11 months!

I know every mom says it...and it always sounds so cliche, but.......I can't believe my sweet baby boy will be 1 in just one month! It truly just blows my mind! I am about to have a 1 year old and a 3 year old! Is that seriously possible?!?!

So, what is my little Whitt up to these days (besides being totally adorable)?

- So I have just reread every post about your sleeping habits! And it seems to me, that every month is different!!! You have long stretches of when you will sleep 11-12 hours, and then the very next week you will be up in the middle of the night for a feeding. I thought I had "ferberized" you! However, you seem to always outsmart the system!!! Example: You will have a little bit of a runny nose or you act like you aren't feeling well. So, when you wake up in the middle of the night, I have to check on you...inevitably giving you a bottle....just in case! Then, the whole "I have no teeth and I don't really like baby food....and I'm not eating a whole-lotta solid food" would make me think that maybe you might still be hungry in the middle of the night. So, yes, I would give in! But the past several nights, you have been waking up at 11:30 p.m. (feeding) and then again at 3:30 a.m. (feeding). Now, come on, I know you can't be that hungry....especially when you don't finish the bottle! So last night I tried to make you cry-it-out at 11:30. You went on and on for about 25 minutes before I tried to just rock you...but you were still highly ticked off. A little sucking on a bottle (only took 3 oz) you were right back to sleep. Only to be up at 3:30. This time I was not giving in, and it took you about 15 min to cry yourself back to sleep! So, the night sleeping issue continues!

-Your naps are still very consistent. Down after 2 1/2 hours in the morning for 1st nap. And down after 3 1/2 hours for second nap. Each nap consists of 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours.

-Still 4 bottles a day (unless you wake up for a feeding or 2 in the middle of the night).

-We are struggling with baby food and finger food! I think you really want to eat big people food....I think! Sometimes you're all about it and practically sing to it, other times you act like I'm poisoning you. Dinner time is the hardest because if falls during your "witching hour". So you're cranky on top of being hungry...but not wanting what is being offered! Go figure! But, I know it will get better!!!

-You are EVERYWHERE!!!!! You are a super fast crawler! I think you could win a crawling sprint against any baby! You are pulling up on everything and cruising around like a champ. You have finally figured out how to sit down from a standing position and you think you're pretty hot stuff when you do so! You still love your walker and will run in it when you are chasing Cooper down the hallway! Walking is in the near future, but you are still very timid and will not take steps unless you are holding on to both of my fingers.

-I love your voice because you're so serious when you talk! I wish I could transcribe into words what comes out of your mouth....it's hilarious! You "talk" quite a bit, but your brother has you beat hands down! I can foresee you telling him to "be quiet" and "stop talking" when you get older!!!

-You are still pretty shy.... and for the most part independent! You don't mind playing by yourself for short increments, but you have started wanting someone in the room with you at all times.

-You're still not much of a lover, but you definitely tolerate it! However, you love love love to be sung to! I'm sorry that I am so tone deaf, but I sing away...and you just shine your dimples at me every time!

-12-18 month clothes

-Size 4 diaper

-In your 10 month post I said your hair was too long to mohawk...well, I missed it and I've decided to do it anyway! You sometimes look like a little rooster....but it totally fits your personality! I know I will have to do away with it soon, but I'm hanging on to it as long as I can!

-I find myself smiling in my sleep because I'm dreaming of your precious face! I love you sweet baby! I wish you could stay this age forever!


















Cooper at 11 months!







No comments:

Post a Comment