Friday, May 27, 2011
I have been sorting through some old videos of my sweet first born. My oh my!!!! It brings back so many memories. I would do absolutely anything in the world to go back in time. The old cliche "they grow up too fast" is such an understatement! This video is of Cooper at the same age that Whitten is right now. Actually, Cooper is about 3 weeks younger. Homeboy could totally time his "bounce". He so loved his jumper. Whitten never really took to it. "Different" doesn't do justice to how completely polar opposite these boys are!! There are many more cute videos...and, yes, my blog will soon be inundated with "baby Cooper". My heart aches because he is not a little baby anymore! Anyways.....just know that the next few posts might just be dedicated to the g-parents!!!!!
P.S. Cooper was born with a head full of black hair and went completely bald by the time he was 2 1/2- 3 months old! In this video, he already has WAY more hair than Whitten ever thought about having!!!! Thanks, Grumps!!!!!!!!!! ; )
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Wow! My big boy has grown this year!!!! Well, I should say gained some much needed weight!!
Weight: 33 lbs (65%...he was in the 35% last year) gained 6 lbs!
Height: 38 1/2 inches (65%) grew 2 1/2 inches. This surprised me! I thought he had grown more than that!
He passed his milestone test with flying colors! Pun intended! He told his doctor that the blue octagon (octopus) was purple...and he insisted he was right!! He knows the difference between purple and blue...and he knows what an octopus is! He was in his "I'm so silly" mood and was acting goofy! He then proceeded to point out the little blue ring on the water faucet instead of finding something blue on the wall! Go figure! At least he can think outside of the box!! That's what his "gt teacher" mom likes to see! Or it's defiance....not my Cooper! The only 2 things that we need to work on are teaching him how to dress himself. This is 98% because of me. I just don't have the patience...and he just doesn't have the desire. This was something we were going to work on after his 2 year check...whoops! When the doctor can inject me with some patience serum, then maybe we will give it a go! The other thing he couldn't do was hold up numbers with his fingers. He can count to 20, recognize numerals 0-10, and count out objects...just can't make his fingers work well enough to hold up the right amount of fingers. I don't really know how to work on that! Any ideas!
Monday, May 23, 2011
Friday, May 20, 2011
Well, Whitten and I took another 1 day round trip to Dallas 2 days ago, and we are still kind of in the same boat! I had lots of questions that weren't really answered...I guess! It's hard to listen and to form logical questions when you have a baby that has been awake for 6 hours and is screaming in your ear. Basically, his head has reverted .3 of a mm! Which obviously isn't very much, but I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't going to continue to grow the wrong way. His overall numbers are in the in the positive, which means everything is doing what it is supposed to be doing....and growing where it's supposed to be growing. I have to remember that skulls grown in "lumps and bumps" so maybe .3 mm isn't anything at all. Although a stranger wouldn't be able to tell that his head looks different after his helmet came off, my mom, Josh and myself see a difference. And when Josh actually notices a difference.....there's a difference!!! Ha! It is ever so slight, but when you pour out this much money, time, and just the process in general, we want the absolute best possible outcome! When I was leaving the appt., I asked the specialist to actually look at his head and not the scan. When he took a look he said, "Let me see your helmet." He took it to the back to shave it out so that we could put it back on Whitten's head. I know he was only doing this just to appease me!!!!! I asked him if he would put it back on his own child, and of course he replied with a "no"! He said I was trying to fix what was "normal". His head is growing exactly the way it is supposed to be growing and that I should leave well enough alone. So what did I do....I put the helmet back on Whitt!!!! We are going to give him a week or 2 to see if we notice a difference. It's so hot here right now, that he may not be able to stand it, but we are going to give it a go. I mean, if his head stayed just like it is right now, I would be totally fine with it. It looks great....especially when you look back at where we started.
My conclusion....the helmet should have stayed on for 2 more weeks before coming off in the first place!! I say that, but in my next thought I have to remember that his head was overcorrecting?!?! Who knows......I know he will be totally fine! I need to just let it go!
Before Helmet (I had a hard time getting a good pic of this)
Sunday, May 15, 2011
Happy 8 months sweet baby boy! What's my Whitter's up to these days!
****Because I keep forgetting to write this down, I thought I would add it here. Whitten will not take a paci and won't suck his thumb, so his way to soothe himself is to clasp his hands together and suck on his upper arm. He's not actually sucking on his arm....just making the "suckie" face....I think he's just sucking on his tongue, lip?!? Anyway, hard to explain, but it's the cutest thing in the whole world. He'e been doing it for months and I need to get a picture so I will forever remember it!
- Well, son, you've been "ferberized"!!! About a month ago, we decided you needed to get back to sleeping through the night!! You had been waking up around 1 and 4 to eat, and I was thinking that was a little excessive. Even though your brother did the same thing until he was 1, I felt like you could handle not needing to eat in the middle of the night....especially twice! So, one night you woke up at 1 a.m. and we let you cry until 1:45. I had finally given in and was on my way into your room, when all of the sudden....silence!!!!!! You had gone back to sleep! Since then, there has been no looking back!!!!! It's been about 4 weeks, and that's the last time you've woken up in the middle of the night! Sweet thing, you are back to sleeping 12 hours a night. Down at 7, up at 7! Thank you, Whitter Woo!
- You are just now giving up your 3rd nap. Which makes for a long afternoon, but for the most part, you're able to handle it. You go down around 9:30-10 for your first nap and sleep about an hour. Your second nap you go down around 1:00 (same time as your brother....sweeeet) and sleep anywhere from 1-2 hours. Like I said, the afternoon is long because we keep you up until 7, but you're a champ....most days! You used to love naps and never put up a fight! Now, however, you sometimes bring out the boxing gloves! You win most of the time, but usually only for a few more minutes of play time with your brother. Or we go swing in the backyard. After a quick talking to, you will usually go back down!
- You still only take about 4 oz at a time. You are eating 2 jars of stage 2 baby food a day. I've been better about making your food this time around. You love love love avocado and banana mixed together!! You love sweet potatoes, but I am having a hard time finding non-fiberous ones. You hate greens!! The only way to get them down you is to trick you by mixing a little apple sauce in them.
- I'm pretty sure you are going to love table food. You want to take a bite out of everything I put in my mouth! Tonight you sucked on a honey dew and you thought you were in heaven! You even took a teeny tiny bite of my toast the other morning. I'm excited about this....seeing that your big brother still doesn't care anything about eating, it will be nice to have a child that eats anything. Now, don't prove me wrong on this, Whitt!
- You truly think your brother is the funniest person on the face of this earth! I love to listen to y'all talk to each other and giggle so hard that you both have tears rolling down your face! Even better, when you both end up with the hiccups from laughing too hard! Priceless! It's happened on several occasions!
- You're still wearing a size 3 diaper
- Wearing 9-12 month clothes
- I think you are starting to think about crawling. If I put you on all 4's, you will rock for a few seconds and then plop on your belly to "swim"! You are just now starting to scooch backwards!
- Still not even a hint of a tooth!!!!!
- You are starting to have an opinion about things! If I take something away, or if you are not doing what you want to do, you will let me now!
- You got your helmet off a week ago...but we are going in for another check up this week to make sure things are still moving in the right direction!
- You are looking more and more like your daddy every day! Such a handsome little guy! You are going to break some girl's heart with your sweet little dimples someday!
LOVE YOU MY PRECIOUS BABY BOY!!!!!!!
Sportin' a faux hawk!
Slick Back Willy!
And Cooper at 8 months! For a little while I thought they may favor each other. Whoa, was I wrong!!! There is not one single thing that I can find that is similar!! Their eyes, nose, mouth, ears, shape of their face, the build of their body are so incredibly different! However, one thing that is the same....their intensity!! When they play, they play hard and with purpose!!! There is no just sitting around with these boys!!