Thursday, August 4, 2011

Curls, Morning Time and a 911 call!

For some reason I've been in a blogging slump lately! I guess it's because nothing really exciting has happened in our lives lately! But we had some action yesterday, and I'm still not really over it!!!
But 1st....I'm wondering if Whitt is going to have curly hair. What do you think?!


This is his after bath hair and it usually straightens out after it dries, but he does have tons of texture! Something that definitely comes from the Jones side!

Speaking of not being up to much lately. This is how we spend most of our mornings.....






....in our p.j.'s!!!! Because Whitten still goes down at about 9:30 for his first nap, there is no use for us to hurry and get ready to go anywhere first thing in the morning. It's kind of nice to lounge around! When Whitt wakes up, it's time for lunch and a quick errand (or momma will go crazy) and then back for afternoon naps. We are so very exciting these days!!

And for our oh-so-fun 911 call! Geez!! Cooper and I went to a little girl's birthday party yesterday afternoon at Flippen Bounce..the same place he had his bday party! Such a fun, nice, clean place to have a kids party. Coop had had a little cold for about a week, but he was on the mend, so we decided we really wanted to go. Josh was out of town, so mom kept Whitt at home so I wouldn't have to chase two kids around a humango gym. Well, we all know that Cooper has a severe allergy to eggs but he is now eating things that contain a little bit of eggs, like corn dogs, pizza, certain noodles, waffles. So, we know his body can handle a little. However, I'm still weary about cookies, cakes and baked goods. Every birthday party we've gone to recently, he's tasted the icing on the cake with no reaction. So, I figured he could do the same at this party. They were serving cupcakes from a new bakery in town and I was a little worried because I knew this icing was the real deal....no fake stuff! He had about 3 little bites of it and was off to play. I had that nagging mommy feeling and kept checking on him to make sure he was ok! He found a little playhouse and decided to go play with some little boys inside. Remember that we are in a gym....it's 1,000 degrees outside...and again, we are in a hot gym and my child in a crazy wild animal when it comes to playing in a gym. He was sweaty from head to toe!!!
All of the sudden I heard someone say Cooper is sick. My gut dropped to the floor. I rushed over to him and he had a little throw up on his shirt, and I thought, ok, he just burped and some came up. Uhhhh.....he then began spewing everywhere without a second for him to really stop and breathe. He threw up continuously for about 2 minutes. Throw up alllll over the gym. I knew right away he was having a reaction and genius mom didn't even have the epi-pen......and we are waaaaay out in the country. So, one of the mommy's took control and called 911 for me. Long story short (well, not really) by the time the paramedics arrived, Cooper had stopped throwing up but was still fidgety and saying his tummy hurt. He was coughing and doing weird things with his tongue. They checked his breathing and he was clear. He did have a little bit of a rash on his tummy, but it was very light (could have been from playing in the pit). They said he probably threw it all up but to keep an eye on his breathing for the next few hours. But they also mentioned overheating....like, maybe this wasn't a reaction at all.
Sooooo, after talking to my mom and Josh, we still don't know if it was for sure an allergic reaction. It is a possibility that he just got overheated?!?!? I really have no idea. I think the coughing and weird thing with his tongue was because he had that nasty throw up taste in his mouth and he wanted it out. Well, we left the party right after that. We got home and he was starving and ate a sandwich and two cereal bars. Never had another issue. He was right back to his crazy self!?!?! Guess this means we need to go back to the allergist to see what's going on with this little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment