Friday, September 3, 2010

Baby Names!

Because this will most likely be our last baby, I thought it would be fun to look back years from now and tell Whitten what his name might have been if he were a girl.....and a few of our other boy options!

Boys:

Cullen-of course, Whitt was actually named this for a while, but I like Whitten much better. So I'm happy Cullen became so popular and we changed our minds!

Nolan- after Cullen was out, Nolan was in...for about a week. If we have a third boy, this name will be on the top of the list

Collin- trying some spin-offs from Cullen, it just didn't seem to fit. And, as much as I really like the name, it's pretty popular right now.

Owen- I loved this name right after Cooper was born and was SURE it was going to be our next boy's name...but it became super popular and I was hoping we could find something that wasn't so mainstream.

Britton -Yep, close to Whitten, but I didn't like Britt as a nickname for a boy...too girly! At least Whitt can go either way.

Callan (Callen)- couldn't ever decide on spelling! I now have a sweet friend with a baby girl named Callyn, and it's fits so beautifully as a girls name!

Samuel- Just a beautiful, strong name. And I love the nickname Sam!

Girls:

Maysen: This was my number one pick. I taught a girl named Maysen when I was in H.E.B. and I always told her that if I had a girl, I would name her Maysen. I just love it! Of course this was before it became so popular for a boy, but I think I still would have done it!

Harper: this name was right behind Maysen. LOVE this name! Now I have a sweet friend from our old church that just named her baby girl Harper! Such a pretty name!

Piper: my mom and i loved this name. Josh was not really a fan!

Tenley: Just a fun cute name!!

Charley (Charli) - Mom and I love this name! Fun and so cute!

Holland (or Hollen)- Unique and fun

Carter: I love crossover names for girls!

Before we knew Cooper was a boy, he was going to be named Halle. Middle Name Louise.....Halle Lou!!!! Loved it! Still like the name Halle, but wouldn't do it now!

Our girls middle name was always going to be Louise after my amazing grandmother. Wish we could have carried that name on! Who knows, maybe some day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment