Sunday, January 29, 2012

My Coop

Cooper doesn't get a whole lot of attention on the blog these days! I guess because he's not hitting milestones like his little brother, but I definitely need to keep track of what's been going on lately! First off, Coop has caught the love bug!!! Emily June is a super cute little girl that he's goes to school with and he is totally smitten! Her mom sat in on their class not too long ago and told me that Cooper and Emily June were attached at the hip and acting like they were going to get married. EJ was playing dress up and had on a princess dress, but had to take it off so another little girl could wear it. Coop asked her why she took it off and she told him that she had to share. His response, "But you looked so beautiful!" Just the other night as I was tucking him in, I told him I loved him. He sat up and said in the sweetest voice, "But, Mommy, I just love Emily June." I giggled and said, "So you don't love Mommy anymore?" Again, his response was, "Um, I just love Emily June. I want to be her husband." He ended the conversation with, "I need you to call her mommy tomorrow so I can go to her house." The next morning, he came into our room while I was still asleep. He crawled into bed and the first question that came out of his mouth....Did you call Emily June's Mommy? I think he's going to be a heartbreaker (or have his heart broken many times), don't you?



He has another obsession. Shells! We have shells all over our house right now! I think this obsession happened after he collected some when he was at Nanny and Papa's lake house. Then DeeDee brought some pretty shells back from Hawaii. And now he has inherited a collection of big shells from Mimi. They often take on different personalities. A mean shell, a baby shell, daddy shell, mommy shell. They have conversations with each other. He puts little plastic bugs inside of them and calls them his "critters".

I am having a hard time getting Cooper excited about learning again! He had such a great learning jump so early on, and now he just isn't interested. He fights me tooth and nail and it makes it not fun. I know so much of it is his 3 1/2 year old defiant stage, but there are some things that we were making some progress on and now it's at a stand still! He's been able to identify numbers 1-10 since he was 20 months old, but it stopped there. He can count to 20, but can't identify the numbers. We finally mastered 11, and we are now working on 12. I have 12's hung up ALL over the house!!! We will get there, slowly but surely!
He was doing AWESOME with his pre-reading. We started with the -at family and he was making so much progress blending the letters together. Now when he sees me pull out the chart, he swears I'm about to poison his brain.

One thing that he is making progress in is writing!!! So far, he has only written his name (without any help at all...I didn't even have to tell him what letters to write)!
This was his very first time to write it!! Now that he's had practice, he doesn't write so big, He is actually coloring for the the first time ever, too! He's just never had much interest, and it's finally fun to him (kind of)!

He did great on his pre-k assessment. He missed the letter "I" and "U". He knows those letters. I don't know what he was thinking!!! ; ) I have a feeling he thought the "I" was a lower case "l". He also called a circle an oval! Silly boy!
There for a while he was NOT wanting to go to school. I think his teacher and I figured out that maybe it was because he got in trouble one day and it hurt his feelings. Mr. Sensitive is his middle name. He's happy now and excited to go. However, Mrs. Hullender came out the other day when I was picking him up to let me know that he didn't get a treasure because he bit a little girl. WHAT?!?! Turns out he and his friend Price were pretending to be sharks! When I asked him about it, he told me he was being a sweet shark. There were no bite marks, just a wet dress!! Fun little imagination!

Mr. Man sure has been a little defiant lately! He honestly is not horrible, but "no" or "I don't want to do that" is said numerous times a day. He's been bit by the "Little Stinker" bug, too! I'm hoping this stage passes soon!!!

To my sweet 3 1/2 year old! You are my bestest!!!!! I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment