Monday, January 2, 2012

A little personal

I'm somewhat private when it comes to personal details of our lives. However, I felt like I needed to document some things that have happened over the past few years regarding medical issues so that I can keep a record appointments, doctor's comments, lab reports and so on!! And to ask for prayers.
So, in June 2009 I had a lumpectomy. It was benign. Just recently, my doctor discovered a weird mass in the other breast. I had a sonogram. Nothing serious was detected. I still felt weird about it, so I contacted my surgeon. Quick boob check. Not concerned because he felt like it had something to do with breast feeding. I went back for my scheduled appt. 2 months later. The lump had gotten bigger. He tried to aspirate it in the office. Nothing came out. Sent me straight in to get a sonogram. Saw some masses and scheduled me for a biopsy the next day. The biopsy was....not fun! He kept chasing the "mass" with the needle but it was difficult to penetrate. He finally got in. The results were benign. However, they also revealed lots of other medical jargon that I immediately looked up on the internet. Um....google is not my friend....never has been. So, I am supposed to go back in next week for a follow up. The original mass is still there. It feels like it is much more pronounced and harder. I now have a lemon size mass on the top of my breast. It feels very strange and is tender. Obviously my brain has gone in a million different directions. One of them being....just cut them off already!!! I have had a hate/hate relationship with my boobs for years. At one point Josh and I began the process of consulting doctors for a reduction. All to find out that most of the "largeness" was hormone induced (birth control, then pregnancy, then breast feeding, then.....now I have no boobies left)!!!!!! I'm all about the latter half! ALL of this to say.....please pray for my appointment next week.

3 comments:

  1. Will be praying for you, friend!!! So glad you shared this so we, as your friends, can lift up your cares and concerns to the Great Physician. Beau's step-sister just went through having a double mastectomy this past summer at the age of 35. She's recovering and doing great now! Praying God's peace for you and Josh and that all tests and results continue to be in your favor. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do! I had a biopsy on a tumor in my neck that developed 2 weeks after Rhys was born. It was scary; but praise God they have the ability to do biopsies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking and praying for you and your family!!! So scary and so painful! I know it 's private, but please keep us updated as much as you feel comfortable. The big C scares are no fun!

    ReplyDelete