Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Potting Training!

Let me preface this by saying, first of all I know you could care less, and second of all....I always make fun of people that write about "poop and pee" and now I'm that person! So go ahead and make fun!!! : )
So, the time has come! We started the potty training adventure on Monday! Here we are 3 days later and I'm proud to say that we've had much success! I had everything all planned out on Monday morning. I was going to let Coop wake up, eat his breakfast and then put him in his big boy underwear. I just knew he was going to be oh so excited to get to wear real underwear like daddy! Um...nope!!! He was not at all impressed with the underwear and kicked and screamed for his diaper! I was ready to throw in the towel after the first 15 minutes....but I thought, what the heck, I'll just give him a day and see what transpires!
He wanted nothing to do with underwear that morning, so he just went "Nakey-Noo Noo" and that was fine! I loaded him up with liquid and sat his little hiney on the potty and let him watch whatever would keep him close. I really wanted to train him to the big potty, but after the first hour, I knew that just wasn't going to work! We had a couple of accidents the first day, but several successes. I really think he needed to poop because all of the sudden he started crying for a diaper and tried to hide! But nothing ever happened and he went down for his nap. Later that day he was standing if front of the toilet and I saw "the face" and knew something was happening. I tried to make him sit, but he didn't want to....somehow we managed get the poop in the potty and not on the floor. We did a dance and sang a bunch of silly songs and he thought it was the coolest thing to flush it down!! So, as of right now, he is not attached to his poop!!
For the rest of the day, he just sat in front of the tv, drank watered down tea (i know...but the doc said to saturate them with whatever they will drink) and peed in the potty without really knowing. But we celebrated and he started to realize what what was going on!!
Day 2 was great! He decided that underwear wasn't all that bad (although he's having a hard time pulling them off in time). He started catching and stopping himself and getting to the potty. No poop on day 2. Day 3 (today) was even better! He's really understanding when he needs to pee. I decided to let him go about his business and play wherever in the house to see if he could really catch himself. Let the accidents begin....or not!!!! He would either go straight to the potty and pee or go just a little in his underwear, realize what he was doing....and then sit down and finish! Yay! He pooped while he was sitting on the potty watching tv....so we celebrated, but I don't know if he really knew what he was doing?? We'll have wait and see!
Have I mentioned we are homebound during this process! We stay at home ALL day and go to the potty! I just follow him around and get absolutely nothing done! It's draining, but hopefully it will be worth it! My mom comes over and keeps me company, so that's awesome! Coop's brain is also going to be mush after this week because of all of the tv he's watched! I just try not to think about it. We're getting somewhere with this potty thing, and next week the tv is going off.
I'm going to wait until next week before I venture out with him. He's only peed on the big potty twice, so that will have to be a transition we have to make. But right now....I'm okay with the training potty!
Filling up my bladder!!!


Watching something on daddy's phone while hanging out on the big potty!

No comments:

Post a Comment