Wednesday, June 9, 2010

In and Out....

Josh and I have been contemplating putting Cooper in a big boy bed for some time now! He's not climbing out yet, but he teeters on the rail and it makes me crazy nervous. It's a LONG way down onto hardwood floors, and it was only a matter of time! Well, out of the clear blue, we decided that tonight was the night! We headed to Toys R Us at 7:00 to buy a rail (we never bought the one that came with Coop's convertible bed). 2 hours later the bed was ready to go....but first, we had 30 minutes of practicing getting in and out. Cooper kept clapping his hands and saying, "Great job, Daddy"! He is just beyond excited about this new adventure. Me....not so much! First of all, it means my baby is not a baby any more. Second of all, I know it's going to be a struggle keeping him in. I think the only reason he went down tonight was because it was way past his bed time before all was said and done. Josh works lots of late nights, so the burden is going to fall on me!!!! And being almost 6 months pregnant...with a new wave of complete fatigue, I can tell it's going to be difficult. He's been such an awesome napper this summer....anywhere from 2 to 3 1/2 hours. Crossing my fingers that doesn't stop. He hasn't quite figured out how to open doors yet, so we're still in the clear on that one....for now! Ha...I'm watching him in the monitor right now. He'll be almost completely out and then pop up and stick his head over his rail....then rub his eyes, grab his frog and lie back down. Guess he's just checking to make sure that he can get out if he wants! Anyway...no pics, but I'll share some later! Here's to the first night in a big boy bed!!!! Crazy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment