Friday, June 18, 2010

Eating WHAT?!

You probably all know from previous posts that my child is not a great eater! I honestly can't tell you the last time he ate a veggie. And the only fruit he will eat is mandarin oranges. Healthy, huh!? I promise, we try, but if a toddler is not going to eat something...they're just not going to eat it. Period. We tried the starvation method....just don't worry if he doesn't eat, he won't starve himself! I don't know how many times I've heard that! Yea right! I would stress myself so much that Cooper's eating habits were all I could think about! I searched the internet for hours looking for advice and recipes for picky eaters. I got creative and made eggless veggie waffles...which he ate once or twice. Purred veggies in spaghetti sauce...he ate for a while, but then gave it up! Purred veggies in homemade pizza...worked a few times. But eventually I just kind of gave up because nothing was working and I was throwing away TONS of food! Easy mac, chicken nuggets and mandarin oranges (and rice and cheese from Rosa's) made up his diet for a couple of months. I always put vitamins in his milk, but I just knew that he was going to suffer from poor nutrition. ALAS!!!! I decided to make some good ole steamed broccoli the other night....just to try! After some protesting...and not offering anything else....he ate broccoli. And asked for more. And more. And more. He ate an entire head...and asked for more. No catchup, no cheese, no butter, just plain ole streamed broccoli!
AND, Coop is now eating watermelon and bananas! It's a start, right!
I had to get pics to show the evidence! Oh, and another thing! He has TERRIBLE table manners! This is my first epic failure as a parent. It's hard when Josh is never here to eat with us. Yes, he wanders while he eats. I started letting him do it for the sake of my sanity. If he was able to wander, I could sneak a bite into his mouth without him knowing...and now I've created a monster. I can't believe I ever started. I knew I would kick myself...and now I'm kicking myself. We've got to break this bad habit SOON!!!



2 comments:

  1. does he eat fruit snacks?? juice plus makes a gummy! or you could even open your capsules and put them in his milk!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so right there with Connor & food! Easy Mac, baked sweet potatoes, apple sauce, blah blah blah! No meat ever...until a few weeks ago. Now, about twice a week he will eat whatever we're eating. Turkey tacos, chicken, you name it. CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete