Friday, August 30, 2013

First Day of Pre-K 4

We held our "May Baby" back one more year before starting kindergarten!  It was so crazy dropping him off the first day of school and seeing all of the babies in his class!  Ok...they aren't really babies, but he just seemed so much older than everyone!  Did I make the right decision?  I have beaten myself up over this all summer long!  I know he was ready...academically and maturity.  Why did I do this again?  I am hoping in the years to come I don't regret this decision.  And I am praying that nothing comes up academic wise that doesn't require him to be held back in the future.  Oh geez!  That is just now crossing my mind!  What have I done?  I was worried about having a 17 yr old graduate high school...now I'm worried about an almost 19 year old!  What in the world!  The teacher in me is playing mind games with myself!  Agh!

On the other hand,  he does have a super sweet class!  Lots of fun new (and a few old) friends!  And lots of new cute girls!  He gets so excited when he sees all of his buddies that are now in Kindergarten...and it makes me sad that he's not with them!  BUT....like I said, lots of great kiddos in his class!  Let's stay positive!  Oh...but the not so positive is that he went to time out twice in the first week!  Eek!  I hope this is not a repeat of last year.  I think he lived in time out!  Cooper, you are such a sweet kid!  What is going on?  I think they are very minor infractions, but still....control yourself!!!! : )



2013-2014
When I grow up,  I want to be a Bear Hunter!


2012-2013
When I grow up, I want to be Peter Parker!



   Whitt was jealous and wanted his picture taken, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment