Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Birthday, Cooper!

I know this post is a day late...we've been a tad busy with birthday's/mother's day!

Wow! My sweet baby boy is 3! Wow! Cooper Joshua Jones, you are THREE! Wow! You are no longer a toddler, but a full blown kid!
So, what is Cooper up to these days? Where do I begin!?
You are truly the most affectionate human being that I have ever known to walk this earth. You absolutely love to love! You love to be held and kissed and hugged. One of your favorite things to do is "roll and kiss"! Thanks, Dee Dee! I will die on the inside the day that you realize that it is no longer cool to hug and kiss your mommy anymore...so, I am going to hold on to it as long as I possibly can! You have the most beautiful chocolate brown eyes.... and you sure know how to use them to get what you want!!!! They melt me into a million pieces. You are very much a big boy, but still like to be held like a baby on occasion! I think you get a tiny bit jealous of your brother....so I totally indulge you....and so do Dee Dee and Gabby! Daddy, on the other hand, thinks we are silly!
Ok, enough ewy-gooey stuff!! By all means, you are a boy....and even though you are a snuggle bug, you LOVE to play..... and play hard!!! However, you're not much for independent play. You will do it occasionally, but for the most part, you like company! Thank goodness you have a brother that you can some day be your play buddy! You are all about pretend play! You love to chase monsters with Dee Dee in a dark closet and bash them with toilet paper. You also enjoy riding your digger to the "store" to pick up groceries so that we can eat our strawberries and broccoli and drink our milk in the backyard! You love to catch minnows in the bathtub to put on your fishing pole so that I can catch you and reel you in! You are super imaginative and think up all sorts of fun little scenarios.

You are super social and love love love your playing with friends!!! I foresee you being a leader...you have a little bit of a bossy bone!

You love bugs!

You love your Gator and spend lots of time outside driving it. Daddy and I laugh that you are so good that you can practically parallel park it!

Our thing is: "You're my bestest!" I will say it to you and you will say it back!

You really love your little brother and he totally idolizes you! I pray with all of my heart that you will some day be the best friends!

You're really starting to enjoy playing baseball (t-ball) and are finally taking directions from Daddy on what to do! You can actually swing and hit the ball when daddy throws it to you!

You've been potty trained for almost a year! And you've been night trained for 6 months!

You still sleep with your froggy!

You are still taking a nap! It can last anywhere from 1 hour to 3 hours. Your norm is about 1 1/2 - 2 hours. You go to bed between 8 and 8:30, but you sing and play in your bed for about 30 minutes before you actually fall asleep. You have been waking up quite frequently in the middle of the night crying. Usually once or twice a night. I think you are having nightmares! I don't know! But you always go right back to sleep!

Academically you are trucking right along! You know all of your letters (upper and lower...."g" "j" "q" are still tough for you) and all of their sounds. You are starting to sound out words in Bob books. You could be a little further along in the pre-reading department by now if you didn't have so much energy and if you had the desire to sit down and actually do it! Sometimes you can spell your name...but most of the time you say "O-P-R" Cooper!!!!! We'll get there! You've started to show someinterest in drawing and writing. We are working on writing letters. It depends on whether or not you are in the mood, but I think we will have something accomplished by the end of the summer! You can count to 20, but still miss 14 and 15! You can count backwards from 10 likenobodies business! You love to rhyme when we are reading Dr. Seuss! You can always finish the sentence with the correct rhyming word!

You love sno-cones, Toy Story, diggers, dirt, dark rooms, playing hide-and-seek, playing chase, terrorizing the kitty, Dee and Grandpa, Gabby and Grumps, you little brother, being naked, ......the list goes on and on! You're still a picky eater and would rather not ever have to eat! I hope to look back at this someday and laugh when you are a teenager and are consuming massive amounts of food!

Sweet baby boy, I love you more than you will ever know! You are so incredibly sweet, loving, hilarious, outgoing, silly, sensitive, happy, smart, and of course handsome! I'm so blessed to be your mommy! I can't believe you're already 3. I hope that you always stay as sweet and affectionate as you are right now! You are my world!

May 7, 2008
1st Birthday

1 year pics (14 months old)


2nd birthday

2 year pics (26 months old)


3rd birthday and 3 years pics to come!

1 comment: