Saturday, October 9, 2010

3 Weeks Old!!

We haven't taken official 3 week pics yet! I'm going to try to do that today! But here is our little man on his actual 3 week birthday! So, what is Whitt up to? He is the best nurser in the world! My little piglet can put it away! This is such a nice change from when Coop was nursing! It took him a good 3-4 weeks to get the hang of it (well, it took mommy that long too)! And he was more of a snacker....never really taking a full feeding! Whitt, on the other hand, caught on in the hospital and has been going strong ever since! I guess it helps that my milk came in at the hospital this time...it took almost 7 days with Coop! And it can't hurt that I had a little bit of a clue as to what I was doing this time! He's nursing every 2-3 1/2 hours during the day. I usually have to wake him up to eat! Now I'm not going to get excited about the night time feedings yet, but for the last 3 nights, he's done great! He's going 4 1/2-6 hours between feedings! WOW!! Oh, and he's taken several pumped breast milk bottles! I remember Coop took them until about week 5 or 6 and then didn't want to have anything to do with them! Hopefully, Whitt will continue to go back and forth without any problem!
Sleep! Well, our boy likes to sleep! He snoozes on and off all day long. Coop was wide awake from the get go. Sleep was not on his agenda...for the first year! We haven't really established a napping routine with Whitt yet! The fact that I still have to wake him up for day feedings tells me that he's not quite ready for a napping schedule! We will try to have one established by week 6! That would be a miracle considering Coop never followed a schedule! And it was not for the lack of trying! Our only big snafu has been the last feeding and then bedtime! For some reason it's really difficult to get him to go to bed! I know that he's tired, but he just can't quite get there! So, we are usually up until around 12:30-1:30 am trying to get him to go to sleep! I'm sorry, I just can't let my 3 week old cry it out!!! Lots of soothing is going on! He doesn't require too much soothing during any other time of the day! So, maybe that's just his fussy time....and I'm totally cool with that because he's been such a laid back baby!
Coop's still doing great with him! He tells me all of the time how cute baby Whitten is! Well, Buzz Likeyou (that's what Coop calls him) is even cute! I think he means to call him "cool" but he's got his words mixed up! I don't correct him though because I think it's...cute!! : ) He doesn't really care about holding Whitt, but he will pat him on the head and talk to him.
That's it for now! I'm dying to know how much W weighs! We go in next week for his 1 month check up! He's much chubbier that Coop! Momma's milk is goooood!


Napping without being swaddled!!

Tummy time! He doesn't mind it at all!

Hanging out after tummy time!

Here's Coop at 3 weeks! Goodness, they are night and day! It amazes me how different they look from each other!



No comments:

Post a Comment