Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My 4 year old!

Happy birthday to my precious baby boy!!  
1 day 
                                                                 

                                                1 year                                                 2 years

3 years 

4 years


Dear Cooper,

These past 4 years have flown by entirely too fast!  It really takes my breath away knowing that you will not always be my little boy.  My one wish is that I could capture your sweet, tender, loving, sensitive, happy heart and bottle it up so that I will never forget how amazing you are at this very age.  You exude happiness. Some of my most favorite things about you: You are so tender and so affectionate!  You NEVER turn down snuggle time.  You love to snuggle in so close that you practically become another one of my body parts.  Every night Daddy gets you ready for bed, reads  books and says prayers.  When you are all finished, I get to go in and scratch your back, legs, arms, and even your tiny hiney!  You make me kiss your face all over...but it has to be soft!

Ok, so enough with the mushy stuff because you are ALL boy!  Your favorite thing right now is BUGS BUGS BUGS!!!!!  Oh my!  You love to hunt for bugs all day every day!  Your new obsession is catching moths and naming them after your friends.  Brody and Cole were your first two moths you ever caught. You love to do anything and everything your daddy does...fishing, hunting, golfing...going to Academy!!  He has started taking you to the golfing range recently and you're not too shabby!! You love your friends and are super social.  You have a crush on two little girls...Emily June and Allie.  If this is any indication of what the future holds....we are in trouble!  You even have a little pet frog that you named Emily June....and your snail is named Preston!  Silly boy!

You are FINALLY writing a little bit!  I have to bribe, bribe, bribe....but whatever it takes!  You've never liked to color, so getting you to sit an actually practice writing letters is a big deal!  You've got your name down!!  Our mission this summer....you will be able to write all letters...upper and lower!!  We started pre-reading with you a couple of months ago.  You had the -at family down, but then decided it was way too much work and would completely melt down any time I even mentioned "learning how to read".   So, I've let that go for now because I don't want you to hate reading and think it is a chore!  However, it is summer, and I've heard there is a "DeeDee Daycare"!  Yes, I do plan on sending you!

You are into anything that has to do with superheroes or transformers.  Your favorite color is blue.  You wear 5T shirts and pants....3/4T shorts.  11 1/2 shoe.  You weigh about 34 lbs and are taller than most of your friends.  This entire past year when I would tell someone you were 3, they were always shocked because you looked older.  You think DeeDee and Gabby hang the moon!!!!  Every time we drive past the bus barn, you shout, "Grumps lives there!!"  You saw a horse being born at Gabby's a few weeks ago and she named it Cooper!  If I could describe you in only ONE word, I think I would have to say you are JOYFUL!  You are just so full of life!

In the past year I have watched my 3 year old little boy mature into a sweet, loving, smart, happy big boy. You make us so very proud!  I love you, sweet boy!  Happy 4th birthday!

Happy birthday cinnamon roll for breakfast!!

 Playing with the new transformers masks!

Sweet FOUR year old!




                                     

 Tried to get a few of the boys together...didn't work out so well!  

 Whitt singing twinkle twinkle little star....

...how I wonder what you are!?



He got the helicopter he's been asking for since his 3rd birthday!




3 comments:

  1. The huge jump in maturation from 3 years to 4 years is astonishing. A baby grew to a big boy in one short year!!!! Beautiful from his first sonogram on, though. Could we love him any more than we do, I don't think so........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our baby grew to be a big boy in one short year. The jump in maturation is astonishing in the last 12 months. He is beautiful and has been since his first sonogram.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Cooper! He is getting so big.

    ReplyDelete