Saturday, September 17, 2011

Whitt's One Year Stats!


Whitten
Weight: 21.5 lbs (35%)
Length: 30 3/4 inches (80%)
Head Circumference: 17 3/4 (25%)

Cooper
Weight: 20.5 lbs (25%)
Height: 31 inches (90%)
Head Circumference: ? (don't have this recorded, but for some reason I think he made it up to the 10% by 1 year!!)

So, my boys are pretty close to being the same size at this age. Although, I still get "he's HUGE" when people see Whitt!

What's Mr. Whitt up to these days?

-Your sleeping habits are still pretty erratic. I ferberized you a couple of weeks ago...it stuck for about 2 weeks, but now you are up in the middle of the night again. The other night you woke up at 12 a.m. for a bottle and 4:30 a.m. for a bottle. You sucked them both down and acted like you wanted more. But last night you slept until 6:30, took a bottle and went back down until 8:30. So, I've just come to the conclusion that this is just the way it's going to be until you are eating more solid foods and you aren't taking a bottle any more!

-Speaking of bottles....I know lots of mommies that get rid of bottles for good at 1 year. Well, Coop was on one until he was 14 months, and I'm thinking it will be the same for you! I have started making them half 2% and half formula. Any time you have straight milk from a sippy cup, you gag a little. Coop was the same way. So I will just let you lead the way on that department. I've just learned not to stress about it. You won't be drinking formula from a bottle when you go to kindergarten!! Oh, and you still make me hold your bottle, you lazy bum!! I can't lie...I love the snuggle time!

-You are still eating baby food. 1 stage 2 in the morning, 2 for lunch and 2 for dinner. I've tried and tried to make baby food for you, but you are just not a fan. The only thing that you will eat that I "make" is pureed bananas and avocado. You will pick up cantaloupe (this is by far your very favorite finger food) and pears. I can sometimes get you to eat beans. You love taking bites of my toast in the morning. You are eating yogurt. I was convinced that you were going to be a great eater, but it looks like you are following in your brother's picky footsteps! Darn! However, I did get you to take a few bites of eggs the other day. Guess what....you're NOT allergic!!!!! Thank goodness! So, the battle of the picky eaters continues!

-You are still taking great naps. One in the morning for about 1 - 1 1/2 hours. And right now I am able to time your second nap around your brother's nap....which is heaven! You both go down between 2:30-3 and sleep until about 4:30-5.

-You still aren't walking! As long as I am holding on to both fingers....you practically run. But if I let go of one, you panic and slowly sit down. However, the last few days you have decided that it's okay to continue to walk when holding on to just one finger...but you go super slow!

-MAJOR MOMMA'S BOY!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness gracious! You are developing some major separation anxiety and have a hard time being dropped off at church. You cry for a few minutes and are fine for the rest of the time. But you sure do hold on for dear life when we are passing you off!!!

-You are making all sorts of noises.

-You know the meaning of "no" and usually obey when you are told not to do something.

-You like your shape sorter, but don't have the fine motor skills to put the correct shape in the right hole. You kind of throw it, mommy puts it over the hole, and you push it in. It's great fun and we do it over and over.

-You're not stacking blocks yet, but you love love love to knock them down.

-You sign "all done" and say "da-da" at the same time.

-You are starting to sign "milk" and say "ma-ma-ma" when you are ready for your milk! It can get pretty ugly if I'm not fast enough!

-You wave bye-bye and hi (grandpa taught you that a long time ago) and say "ba-ba" when waving

-Whitten, my sweet boy, you still don't have one single tooth in your head! I asked the doc about it when we went in for your check up this week, and guess what, there's not a hint of one to come! What in the whole wide world! I'm hopeful that when you do get teeth, you will decide you like food....although, it is highly unlikely! : (

I love you my precious one year old!











Cooper at 1 year!!





No comments:

Post a Comment