Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fun at the lake (or not!!)

Well, the title speaks for itself! We've been looking forward to a weekend at the lake for quite sometime. However, we had a sick little duck that decided this would be a good time to get croup! Yep! It all started out with a slight fever on Monday, but it was controlled with meds...really no big deal! He felt great Tuesday....and we left for the lake on Wednesday. Thursday night, he hacked all night long, but never woke up crying for us! When he woke up Friday, he was super hoarse and continue the "barking seal" cough. Josh went fishing that day while I stayed home with Coop because I knew he would need a good nap. Um...no nap for Coop! It just con't to get worse throughout the day. He would cry anytime he coughed and I could tell that he was just so miserable. I called Josh and told him he needed to come back around 5:00 so he could help me out. Friday night.....miserable! We got in the car and started heading to the ER when Josh decided it was unnecessary, and we turned around. I went to bed about 11:30 while Josh stayed up with Coop. I'm a t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e sleeper and didn't fall asleep until about 1:30. Josh woke me up at 2:30 to do a shift change. So, Coop and I were up until about 5 and I finally made him go to sleep with me on the couch! However, I didn't sleep at all considering I was hanging half-way off of the couch and I had a very sick baby that was incredibly fidgity on top of me coughing and crying. In the mean time, Josh got about 6 hours of sleep (dang...I should have taken the first shift!!). Saturday morning Josh decided to call our doctor's office and got a hold of our favorite nurse practitioner! Jennifer to the rescue!!!!!! She confirmed that it sounded just like croup and called us in some meds! Thank you so much, Jennifer...you saved us!!! Just a few hours after Coop took his meds, he was like a different kid! He slept all the way through the night on Sat.!!! YAY! We even got to go out on the boat Sunday afternoon!

Gearing up!!
A little practice fishing with Daddy!

Mr. Independent got mad because Dad wouldn't let him do it by himself!!!
And this is what the majority of the day consisted of! Nothing better than a nap on the boat!




Back to the shore! Look at that wind blown hair!!! And yes, the boat was stopped!!!






2 comments: