Thursday, January 14, 2010

All Nighter!

So, Coop finally pulled his first all nighter! He went to bed at about 7:45 and I heard him coughing a bit, so I just kept an ear on him to make sure it wasn't getting worse. At 9:45, he started crying and saying "Momma-ho" (yes, he puts ho on the end of everything now....it used to be toe!! sounds like he's calling me a bad name!). I knew when he was calling for me, something was up, so I decided to just go check on him and give him some medicine for his coughing. The minute I opened the door, I was slapped in the face with some gnarly smell and I knew we were in trouble. Coop had thrown up all over everything....and the fun began. Josh was at work, so I called my mom at 10:00 to bring over his frog lovee reinforcement that we keep over at her house when Coop stays with her. His original frog was covered in throw up, and he screamed bloody murder when he saw me put him in the washing machine! DeeDee TO THE RESCUE!!!! I truly don't know what I would do without her....I'm so blessed that we live in the same town....wish we were just right down the street!! = )
Anyway, we turned on Bibbit (aka Leap Frog: The Letter Factory) and he was just talking up a storm telling us all about the letters and the bibbits. He wasn't really too feverish....about 100, but nothing that I was concerned about. Josh got home(and cleaned up Coopi's mess...such a sweet hubby)....DeeDee went home about 11....Coop went back down about 11:30.
1:00 a.m......"Momma-ho". So, Momma-ho cleaned up Coop and the second round of throw up and put little man in bed with us. He slept until about 3:30 and woke up moaning and was really hot, so I took him in the other room so Daddy could sleep. AND we were up until 6:30. Mind you, we weren't throwing up.....just watching tv!!! Ahhhh! I was so mad at myself for even turning it on, but it was the only thing that helped him to settle down and stop being fidgety. Big mistake! ( Side note: Coop loves tv, so we have to really monitor it. He gets about 45 minutes spread out throughout the day. Ha! I totally just defended myself! But we really don't let him sit in front of the tv all day!) Anyway, I'm so thankful that I wasn't cleaning up puke and duke all night, but Momma-ho was tired and Coop wouldn't sleep anywhere. He finally fell asleep on me at 6:30. I debated on whether or not to put him down or just sleep on the couch, but I knew I wouldn't sleep at all...so I risked it, and he went right down. He woke up at 9....grumpy, but not miserable! We haven't had any more throwing up so far, so hopefully we're in the clear. I know it could have been a MILLION times worse, so I'm thankful that our first all nighter was not all that adventurous!!! = ) Oh, and to end the day off with a bang. Josh got home from work at 5 and I ran to Rosa's to get dinner. Um...I was going 50 in a 35 and got pulled over. I just knew I was going to jail for going 15 miles over the speed limit. I guess the cop took one look at me and felt sorry for me (i'm pretty sure I didn't brush my teeth today...so that gives you an idea on what i looked like!) But Cop Johnson just gave me a warning!!!! Note to self: don't drive when you've only had about one hour of sleep!!

1 comment:

  1. Cadence did the same thing the other night! 3 times during the night she started crying and calling Mama.....I went in to find the same. Hopefully he'll get better soon. She had diarrhea for 2 weeks after though - fair warning!!!

    ReplyDelete