Sunday, May 24, 2009

Yuck!

Cooper's had some kind of "yuck" the past week! He started out with a couple of rashy bumps on his legs, so I took him in to the doctor on Tuesday. Doc. said it was viral and said it should go away in 3-5 days. This is some kind of viral infection!! By Wednesday, the bumps on his legs turned major, and it began to spread to his trunk. By Thursday...it was full blown...covering his entire body. Josh wouldn't let me take him back to the doctor....so I've just had to wait it out...wondering what in the heck is wrong with my baby! So, it's Sunday now, and it has subsided a bit, but he still looks like he has some kind of disease. At least I can look at his face now and see his pretty eyes instead of the yucky rash! The crazy thing is he actually feels fine. He ran a low grade fever for a couple of days, wasn't really interested in eating...but other than that he was all over the place! By the way...our baby no longer crawls...he is officially a WALKER!!!! If he falls, he'll get to a place where is can stand up so he can continue to walk. He just makes circles around our house all day...it's so funny!!! I would post a video, but you would probably freak out at the way he looks!!! Anyway...he had his vaccinations 8 days before this all started happening....and as a mommy, you always freak out a bit because this is your baby and you can't help but wonder if they had something to do with this! All this vaccination hype freaks me out...but with a husband as a pharmacist...I have no choice!!! I know vaccines are necessary...blah, blah, blah....I'm just one of those mommies that worry...that's all!!! I'm sure our doctor is absolutely correct about the viral infection....I just tend to self diagnose with my oh so strong medical background!! So because I don't have any recent pictures of Coop because of his "yuck" here are a few of when he was a wee baby!!


1 week1 week



3 weeks


No comments:

Post a Comment