Monday, January 28, 2013

W is POTTY TRAINED!!

I am still so very behind on our life...but I thought I better get this written down before I forgot all of the details.  Warning...poop and pee discussed in this post!  I always laugh at mom's that post about potty training!  And now I'm that mom!
We started the dreaded potty training of child number 2 on December 27.   2 years and 3 months old!   I thought what better time than over Christmas break.  Cooper was staying with Gabby and Grumps for a week so it was just going to be Whitt and me and the casa!  No distractions!
We did pretty much the same thing with W that we did with C!  We put the baby potty in front of the tv, stripped him naked....loaded him up with juice or sweet tea and watched the magic happen!  However this time, I had just purchased a brand new rug that would be in the area that the training would take place...and I did not want to ruin it.  So some of my friends gave the grand idea of buying a tarp to cover it....so buy a tarp I did!  So glad I listened!  So after we had the rug all tarped up, I stripped him naked and he immediately started peeing in the kitchen.  I rushed him to the potty and sat him down.  After that...tee tee was a breeze!  Now poop is a different story!  After waiting allllllll day for a poop....and watching his every move, he decided to poop on the tarp.  It happened so fast.  I literally turned my back for 5 seconds.  So frustrating!   I had something going on during the second missed poop and Josh was home with him.  After Josh told me what happened, I got so mad at him for not watching his.every.move!  Low and behold, I missed the 3rd poop the very next day!  That sneaky little stinker!  Our first successful poop was when my mom was over!  Total touchdown moment!  We thought we had this thing mastered!!  Um...no!  The difference with Cooper and Whitt was that Coop was totally predictable.  Every morning at 10 he got his business done.  After it was done, we could leave the house for the day!  Whitt is so unpredictable...sometimes poops up to 4 times a day.  We only had a week and a 1/2 to get this done before he went back to school!  We had to start catching poops....but then he started holding them.  Not good!  So he was going every other day instead of his usual twice a day! When he had an accident, he would get so embarrassed and start crying.  By the time school started, he was more successful than not!   However, he was scared to pee or poop at school the first week.  The downfall of not training in the summer!  He had a couple off tee tee accidents and would poop during nap time when he had a pull up on!  But now, a month later, I think I can say he is officially potty trained.  He is peeing in the potty at school, but still hasn't pooped in the potty yet.  He hasn't had a poop accident at home in 2 1/2 weeks.  And he is back to going several times a day!!!   He is really independent about it and still likes to go on his own....so when someone tells him to potty when he doesn't need to, it makes him mad.  I started to doubt myself halfway through the process...thinking I should've waited until summer, but now I am SOOOOOO happy we took the time to do it!  Way to go my sweet Whitt Bit!

 Yep...our living room looked like this for about 2 weeks.  I almost went insane!

 Some sillies from Whitt and mommy!  We were going a  little stir crazy staying in the house ALL day for over a week long!



 Love a little nakey hiney!  We were waiting on some potty action before leaving for NYE for the night!

 Gotta love a little boy in undies!  Nothing sweeter!


No comments:

Post a Comment