Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Very 1st babysitter

***For some reason this never got posted! I wrote it 9/11***

Yes, Cooper is almost 3 1/2 yrs old and he has never had a babysitter!!!! Crazy! I mean, we moved to Midland so we could have a built-in babysitter....my momma!!!!! Well, my momma was out of town and our sweet friends invited us to September Fest!! Crisis!!!!! What were we to do?! Well, we just couldn't pass up a night out WITHOUT kids! What?!?! That hasn't happened in a really long time! Our "nights out" consist of great friends coming over with their kids and eating dinner! Which is totally awesome...don't get me wrong! But Josh and I rarely do anything without the babes, so we were all about an "adults" night out! Long story short, we had a super great babysitter by the name of Emma whom Cooper is totally infatuated with! Homegirl was able to get both boys to bed AND clean up! Wow! She's 15, we were gone for 4 1/2 hours, we paid her $45, she texted me later and told me that was too much! So, I need help! Was it too much?!? I mean....we certainly can't pay a babysitter that every weekend, but she did an amazing job! $10 and hour??? By the way, Coop woke up at 6:30 the next morning crying...for "that girl" because he wanted to play with her (he can't remember names to save his life....it's a daddy gene)! He wanted her so bad that he started to throw a fit! I wasn't having it, so I sent Josh in there..and he threatened a whippin' at 6:30 in the morning!!! Ha!!! I think Cooper must have been dreaming about her! ; ) Anyway, Coop went back to sleep, but has been talking about "that girl" nonstop for a week!!! So, I would say our first babysitting experience went well...even though it was expensive!!



2 comments:

  1. I'm glad it went so well. Since we don't live near family we've had to pay our share of baby sitters. A good one is worth every penny. At 15 I'd say $8-9 is a good rate. I would have probably paid her $35-$40 for the night. I usually round too. I don't calculate the exact hours. Plus if the boys were asleep for half of her time there that's a less work. On the other hand you want to keep her happy & coming back. So, all that to say, we're always debating on our drive home to pay the babysitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it worked out and you could come with us! You'll have to use "that girl" much more often! Ha!

    ReplyDelete