Wednesday, October 19, 2011

13 months! And the Punkin' Patch!

Wow! What's my little man up to these days??

-We have teeth, people! YAY! One on the top that has completely cut through and continues to get bigger by the day. The other top tooth is breaking through and should be in any day now! And, you even have a hint of a tooth on the bottom. Even though this teething process has come with lots and lots of grumpiness, whininess, snottiness, not eating, waking up, and feeling pretty crummy, I'll take it!

-Speaking of not eating...ugh! This has been a struggle. You just don't eat very much at all! I have given you the benefit of the doubt when it comes to table food because you didn't have teeth. I've kept you on baby food (which there are only a few that you like...or should I say, tolerate). You eat one stage 2 in the morning, 2 stage 2's for lunch and 2 for dinner. You will take bites of my toast and will eat yogurt...sometimes. You still love avocado and banana pureed together. You will takes bites of banana but not avocado. I make you "try" a finger food every day, but it usually ends up being spit back out. I thought your brother was difficult to feed at this age, but I just saw a picture of him at 13 months eating broccoli and meat sticks! Whew, we have our work cut out for us! I'm hoping that this aversion to foods turns around once you get more teeth!

-You are still taking a bottle. I know! I just can't take it away from you when you are so miserable with all of these new teeth coming in. It's the only thing that seems to comfort you! You still won't really drink any juice or water out of a sippy cup, which makes for some not fun times when you try to go to the bathroom. You also gag when you taste milk out of a sippy cup! I'm probably going to have to send you to boot camp to get rid of all of these silly habits! In other words, mommy is going to have to go away for the weekend while daddy is the mean guy! I know I will give in to you!!

-Sleeping habits are still somewhat erratic. For the most part you are asleep for the night by 7:30. You wake up anywhere between 5-6 a.m., take a bottle and go right back to bed until 7:30-8:45. You are so not ready to get up at 5 or 6 because you always go right back to sleep. I don't know what's going to happen when we get rid of the bottle....I guess we will be waking up much earlier than I would like!! You are trying to get rid of a nap, which is not a fun process. It started happening this week, so I am trying to work out the details!

-Still not walking!!! You totally could because you have all of the mechanics, but you are super timid!! However, you can cruise all over the place!

-You give the most delicious open mouth kisses....but only when you are in the mood!

-You are super laid back and love to just chill out in someones lap. The snuggles increase by the day.

-You are independent and don't mind playing by yourself. However, you love to play with your brother...when he's not taking toys away from you!

-You still sign "all done" and say "da-da" at the same time. You're thinking about signing "more" and will do it occasionally.

-You like your shape puzzle and can get all of them in the right spot. Sometimes it's by accident, but you are still pleased with yourself when it goes where it is supposed to!

-You're a talker! Nothing really specific yet, but you can definitely hold a "conversation".

-You're a mimicker...big time! You love to play the mime game!

-You still suck like crazy on your lips, but I've noticed it seems to be a little harder for you to do now that you have teeth coming in!

-You are really thinning out! Where is my sweet little baby chub going?!

-12-18 month clothes

-Size 4 diaper

For so long I always thought you looked older than your age. Now, we think you look younger than your age. You could easily pass for a 10 1/2-11 month old!!! That probably has something to do with the fact that you are still eating baby food, still taking a bottle, just now getting teeth and you're not walking! Ha....you ARE still a baby!!! I'm going to hold on to it as long as I can!








Cooper 13 months





So, Whitt!!!! We need to have a little talk! I'm total ok with you not walking yet, but look how well your big brother ate at 13 months! I used to think Cooper was SOOOOO picky! Geez...you are about as picky as they come!!

And the rest of the pumpkin patch pictures!

I thought this was so cute! Coop was lining up pumpkins so he could make a "punkin family"...just like our family, mommy! A mommy and a daddy and a Cooper and a baby Whitten. I asked him why he had an extra pumpkin and he said... that's my baby sister!!!! ; )




"Whoa, that's a big pumpkin!"
Cooper and Brody


No comments:

Post a Comment