Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Moving on up (and another sono)

We got good news today! We get to meet baby Whitten one day sooner than we originally planned! Our doctor had a surgery come up on the 16th, so we are now scheduled for a c-section on the 15th! How exciting is that!?! We had a bpp (biophysical profile) of the little guy today! I totally thought the whole purpose for going in for all of these sono's was to continue to monitor his ventricles, but that is not what happened today. Hmmmm?? They hooked me up to a fetal heart monitor for 20 min...nothing better than taking a nap to the sweet sound of your baby's heartbeat! Then they rolled in a portable sono machine and took a picture of his face (too cute...looks like Coop) and watched him breathe for like 2 seconds. That was it! I had to remind the doc to look at his vents?!?!?! I mean, wasn't that the reason we were here in the first place. He said...oh yea....put more goop on my belly and looked at his vents for 2 seconds and said they looked normal. He didn't measure them or anything. Then he handed me a piece of paper and said see ya next week. FOR WHAT!? I'm SO thankful that they didn't see anything of concern, I'm just a bit confused as to why they are continuing to monitor him?! So that appointment was a bit of a bummer...other than the fact that we know his heart looks good, he's moving like a mad man, and his breathing looks great! For that, I am SO thankful! I'm ready for this little dude to be here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment