Thursday, February 5, 2009

Obsessed

So, I have recently become a blog stalker...THANKS, KRISTI!!!! I have become engrossed in the lives of mommies that I don't even know...constantly checking their blogs to check up on their sweet babies! I have always known that I was blessed...quick conception, easy pregnancy (just a few little scares), easy delivery...and thank the Lord...a healthy baby!! I thank Jesus every night for the blessings that he has bestowed upon me...I'm so undeserving. However, reading these women's blogs makes me realize that there are truly are no words to describe just how incredibly blessed I've been. I've come across blogs of mommies that were so excited to meet their little one and ended up losing their babies during delivery, mommies that have waited forever to get pregnant and are still struggling, mommies that have had great pregnancies, but delivered a sick baby that has to stay in the NICU for months, a mommy that died after delivering a healthy baby, and mommies that have babies with cancer. The great news is that every single one of these mommies have great faith and believe in miracles. I have found myself praying for complete strangers! Every night when I'm rocking Cooper to sleep, I want to hold on for a little longer, when he crawls up to me to give me his sweet hugs...I want to hold on a little longer, when he doesn't sleep through the night...I thank God that I have a healthy baby to go to! My heart aches for these strangers...but mommies are mommies...we have this connection with one another that no one else can understand! Just remember to love on your sweet babies and PRAISE THE LORD each day that they are HEALTHY and in your arms. I can't even begin to imagine my life without Cooper!

3 comments:

  1. so so true!!! we are so blessed!!!
    glad you have become an addict like me..........shelby really might need to do an intervention at some point! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if you want to do Junior League next year???

    email me @ jennmh@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Beth...It is so true. Every time one of my kids gets hurt and we are in a clinic for a 'minor' emergency....I have a thought...'what if I had to do this daily..listen to my baby cry and look at you to save them from the pain' I do not know how mommies do that...what incredible strength they must have.
    Those were some great words..Thanks for sharing!
    Erica

    ReplyDelete