Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Nap time!



Coop has decided that napping is for the birds! He's been having a really hard time lately going down and the "cry it out" method is just too much for me! I've tried it before and he ended up very hoarse and without a voice for about 2 weeks! Well, after being awake for a good 5 1/2 hours yesterday WITHOUT a nap, I decided that today is a new day....he's going to have to figure this one out! So at 12:30, we go back and do our usual ritual...rock, sing, nurse (even though I try really hard not to nurse him down...I was giving him every advantage I could think of). So he falls asleep nursing (which I know is not always the best thing...but, hey, this boy needed his sleep)!!! As I begin to lay him down, he looks up at me and smiles! That always gets me...but not this time! I have to be strong. So I leave the room and the water works start within 2.5 seconds! I told myself I was going to give him an hour....he cried for 36 min....and ended up in this position. I really wanted to move him so he wouldn't get a crick in his neck, but I was afraid I was going to wake him up! It is 3:18 right now and he's still asleep!!! WOW! So...he DID need his nap! The "cry it out" method worked....today! = )

1 comment:

  1. Go momma!! Hey, HE needs a nap & mommy needs a BREAK!!! Naps are crucial for BOTH!!! :-) So cute!!

    ReplyDelete