Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Going under the knife

Whitt has his tube surgery set for March 16. It feels like a million years away considering we have been up ALL night for the past 5 nights. We've been working in shifts. Josh goes to bed early and sleeps 6-7 hours because he has to be able to function and make important decisions at work. I stay up with him until about 4 am before I hand him over to Josh. Sweet boy is in so much pain that his whole body will shake when he is crying. Before this horrendous episode, he was actually doing quite well! You would have never known that his ears were so infected...until he got this nasty virus and it exacerbated the ear issue to a new degree.

I will also be going under the knife on March 30. I had a breast check up with my doctor yesterday and he feels that it is time to go ahead and have a lumpectomy. The lump is not doing what he expected it to do and this is the next step. I've had a benign biopsy on this same lump, so I am hopeful that this is just part of the process and I will have a clean bill of health. This will be my second lumpectomy in 3 years. I say let's just cut them off and start over! Right?! Anyway, prayers would be greatly appreciated. For some odd reason, I'm not all worked up over like I thought I would be. Maybe it's because I'm so exhausted from taking care of a sick baby that I'm just living in a fog!!!

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you! Both of those are scary by themselves, but so grateful we serve a God who heals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely lifting prayers up for you! God is an awesome healer and will take care of you both!!!

    ReplyDelete