Friday, July 15, 2011

Back from Vacation!

Wow! I can't believe it's been almost a month since I have updated the ole blog!!! A lot has happened over the past month, so I am going to try to make this short and sweet! I had a girls weekend in Dallas with some of my high school girlfriends! We did lots of shopping, stayed at the W hotel, ate sushi and talked about old times! During my weekend away, Gabby flew into town to pick Cooper up for a 10 day stay in East Tx! I think it's safe to say that he had a blast! Gabby had to work quite a bit, so he got to spend lots of time with Grumps swimming and digging holes!!! Well, at least that's what Cooper tells me! I'm thinking this will be a new summer tradition...."A Week at Gabby and Grumps House". So, I got home Sunday from my girls weekend, unpacked and repacked to leave for Vegas on Wednesday! Josh and I went with our good friends Richelle and Garland and had a great time! We did lots of hanging out by the pool and Richelle and I enjoyed a nice spa day! We saw two shows....they were a little bit more "risque" than we were expecting....but we had lots of laughs and made tons of fun memories! Whitten stayed in town with my parents while Cooper was still in East Tx.! This was the first time I was away from Whitt and I was dying to get my hands on him! We flew back in Saturday and went straight to pick up my yummy dimpled boy! My mom and dad said he was a perfect little angel the whole time we were gone! Yay! Now, I just had to wait for Gabby and Cooper to fly back in the next day! I have to be super honest here! I didn't miss Cooper until about the 3rd or 4th day! Ya see, he had developed quite the attitude before his visit with his grandparents. He was starting to get pretty defiant and just had kind of a bad 'tude about everything. He was getting in trouble left and right, so it was actually a perfect time for him to visit the g-parents! But by the 5th day.....I needed to see my Coop! It was rough waiting so long to get to love on him. So, Gabby and Coop flew in Sunday and we headed to the lake the next day!! We stayed at Nanny and Papa's lake house for a week and during that time Cooper finally decided he liked me again! Ha! When Gabby is around....nobody else exists, so it was nice to know that my first born still needed lovin' from his momma!
Sooooo.....now we are home!!!!!!! We've been home about a week and it feels so good to get back into our daily routine! It was a nice break from reality.....but it made me realize that I'm glad my reality exists! Oh, and about that 'tude Cooper developed....it's G-O-N-E!!!!! Well, for now anyway! He's been the most affectionate little guy in the whole entire world! I get kisses and hugs about 100 times a day....and random "I love you's" all of the time! I'm blessed!
On another quick note.....Josh got a new job! He now works 8-5 and no weekends (well, he's still working for Walgreens on occasion when they need him). It has been so awesome to have him home before 10 p.m. Oh my goodness! I love love love it!!!! Maybe we can actually be a normal family...that eats dinner together!! Well, that's a whole month in a nut shell!
Whitten is 10 months old today!!!!!! Post and pics to follow soon! ; )


About to leave for Vegas!!!


















Fun at the lake!!















And just a little bit of cuteness!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment